An Evening With Tom Platz
Monday 25th September 7pm & Tuesday 26th September 7pm
This is your chance to sit face to face with this icon of bodybuilding The “Quadfather” himself.
Known as one of the most charismatic, passionate and inspirational bodybuilders of all time!
Tom will take you on a journey through the golden days of the sport, what it was like training with such greats as Arnold Schwarzenegger. The lifestyle they lived, living the California dream, where the nickname “The Golden Eagle” came from and of course how he built the greatest legs in the bodybuilding history.
You will get YOUR chance to speak personally and ask any questions you wish as well as an autograph and photo opportunity afterwards. This will be a truly memorable experience for any strength fan and NOT to be missed.
The seminar will be held at The Moathouse Hotel, festival Way, Stoke-on-Trent. A bar will be available as well as complimentary tea & coffee.
Tickets are priced at £30 and this WILL BE A SELL OUT EVENT
How BAD do you REALLY want legs? with Tom Platz
Tuesday 26th September 10am & Wednesday 27th September 10am
A once in a lifetime opportunity …
A 5 hour in-depth squat clinic consisting of 50% class room and 50% practical.
Learn everything you need to know to perform the ultimate squat from the man himself, from mind-set to technique.
- Squat Clinics will be restricted to 8 trainers per session for quality individual instruction.
- You will be taught the correct technique to perform the perfect squat, Tom will personally analyse your form and correct where necessary to get the utmost out of the movement.
- You will learn how Tom prepared himself mentally, and how to develop your mind-set to train beyond failure.
- Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned trainer looking to polish your technique and understanding to get the most out of the “king of exercises”, you are guaranteed to come away with a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.
- Proper weightlifting shoes are highly recommended and participants are reminded to bring them and their weight lifting belts with them.
- You will have an opportunity to have your picture taken with Tom and get a signed photograph.
- Every participant will get a complimentary meal kindly supplied by Green Griddle, Strength Asylum T-shirt and goodie bag.
- Every learner will also gain FREE entry to “An evening with Tom Platz” held on Monday 25th September.
WARNING … This is NOT your NORMAL workshop!!!
Participants have been asked NOT to train for 2 weeks! ANYTHING!
Eat plenty of pizza the evening before, you WILL need it!!!
Tom Platz began his competitive bodybuilding career in the 1973 Mr. Adonis competition. He competed as an amateur until he won the 1978 World Amateur Championships middleweight division. In 1978 and after completing his degree at Wayne State University, he moved to California. He arrived there with $50 and a dream to win Mr. Olympia. For the following nine years Platz competed as a professional, aiming for Mr. Olympia. Though Platz never took first at the Olympia competition, he had a string of top ten finishes, with a third position in 1981 being his best.
Platz became famous for his remarkable leg development. He developed a high intensity, high volume method of leg training, which led to his unparalleled size and definition for his time. Regardless of what was found lacking elsewhere, it is still widely claimed in bodybuilding that Platz holds the mark for the best legs of all time.
Tom Platz retired from professional bodybuilding competition in 1987 and did a ‘Comeback’ in 1995 when he was awarded Honorary Mr. America. He still promotes the sport wholeheartedly.
Tom says, “I just want to give back to the sport I love which has been really great to me.”
Tom Platz Competition History
- 1973 Mr. Adonis – AAU
- 1973 Mr. Ironman – AAU
- 1974 Teen Mr. America – AAU, 2nd
- 1974 Junior & Senior State Powerlifting Championships – AAU, 220 Class Champ
- 1975 Mr. Michigan – AAU
- 1976 Mr. America – AAU, Short, 3rd
- 1977 Mr. Southeastern USA – AAU
- 1977 Mr. America – AAU, Short, 2nd
- 1978 World Amateur Championships – IFBB Mr. Universe
- 1978 Mr. America – AAU, Short, 2nd
- 1979 Mr. Olympia 8th (under 200 pounds)
- 1980 Grand Prix: Lafayette, Louisiana 9th
- 1980 Grand Prix: Pittsburgh 10th
- 1980 Night Of Champions 14th
- 1980 Mr. Olympia 9th
- 1980 Pro Mr. Universe 2nd
- 1981 Mr. Olympia 3rd
- 1982 Mr. Olympia 6th
- 1984 Mr. Olympia 10th
- 1985 Mr. Olympia 7th
- 1986 Mr. Olympia 11th
- 1987 Grand Prix: Detroit 6th
- 1995 Honorary Mr. America – AAU